Friday, September 26, 2008

Ok, I know I've been slacking off as of late, but it is for good reason, which will come in a formal announcement soon. But not bad news at all, rather a new direction, and a huge undertaking I'm working on in the near future.
However, this bit of news is a drop everything and do a backflip in your cubicle news. My new favourite (notice my British spelling of "favorite") music news website, England's NME.com, has broken a story originating from British newspaper The Sun. Apparently the Led Zeppelin reunion tour is on like Donkey Kong, as Peyton Manning would say, for next summer. The lone member to be holding back this monumental tour, lead singer Robert Plant, seemingly couldn't take not being part of the reunion plans. The story reports Plant finally told other band members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and new drummer Jason Bonham (replacing his father John) that he was ready, and they will soon set rehearsals with next summer in mind for their re-emergence.

Needless to say, I'm beside myself with excitement about this and can't believe it at the same time. I am skeptical to some degree, as the band has aged and their hard rocking songs aren't as easy to pull of as say, Paul McCartney still nicely managing shows showered with his old Beatles numbers. However, I'll be the first one in line for a ticket to this thing, and can't wait to see what they have in store, I'm sure they'll have some sort of wacky visual thing going on to make up with whatever they might be lacking or aged in sonically. As I listen to "The Rain Song" on this miserable day, I'll know that a Led Zeppelin reunion is "What Is and..." definitely not "What Should Never Be," and "That's the Way," it should be. I could go for a swim in "The Ocean" right now, even though I'd just look like a "Fool In the Rain," as they are showing their longtime fans a "Whole Lotta Love," with this reunion. Hopefully "Poor Tom" can make the gig if he's not busy still fighting "The Battle of Evermore"

Here's a link to NME's article: http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/40014

PS: I beat Rolling Stone to the news again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, where is your, "The Boss is headlining the Super Bowl halftime show," post? You are fallin' behind, man.