Thursday, August 21, 2008

Editorial: "It's One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Johnny Be."

Yesterday, the first significant accomplishment was made with my blog since it started a couple weeks back. In fact, you could go as far as saying history has been made. Earlier today, at around 9:45AM Eastern Time, I broke a story about a new album by Coldplay that is due to be released sometime in 2009. The source of my story was British music magazine NME's website. This sounds pretty ordinary, save for the fact that America's version of NME, Rolling Stone Magazine, reported it on their website nearly 4 HOURS after I did at 1:50PM Eastern Time. Measly 24 year old Johnny Be Blogging broke the news of this big story before the genuine article did.

I don't know what is to be said of that, but I view it as an accomplishment for a no-name, up and coming one man show run on a shoestring (zero) budget. I'm glad if you are reading this, that this is a moment I could share with you, my loyal readers. I continue to bring it day after day knowing one or two, or who knows how many people are reading my random thoughts/news, and moments like this help me strive to keep bringing it, and achieve more.

To show my excitement and gratitude, below is a picture of me jumping up and down on a bed in my hotel suite at the Hilton in Las Vegas from this past December. To put that moment in historical context and perspective, it was one day before my 24th birthday, and also one day before Roger Clemens was exposed in the Mitchell Report. It was also one day before I was able to see the most ridiculously amazing show on the planet, the Beatles Cirque Du Soleil show "Love" at the Mirage; one of the best birthday gifts I've ever gotten thanks to my wonderful girlfriend Nicole, who is one of my few or many loyal readers .

"I get up, 'cause nothing gets me down. You got it tough, I seen the toughest around."
-David Lee Roth, "Jump"

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend.

No comments: